Black Wolfs Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

eluna  

Latest topics
» Were Back Baby \o/
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 pm by Grumbo

» TrinityCore 2 Gold Max Work-Around
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm by Grumbo

» [CPP][Conv] Dedicated World Chat Channel
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm by Grumbo

» Cool [CPP] Grumbo'z VIP System
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 pm by Grumbo

» [CPP] EmuDevs Premium System
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 pm by Grumbo

» [TC]255 server stats edit! By Frost - Thanx
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 pm by Grumbo

» [Eluna] Grumbo`z VIP System
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 pm by Grumbo

» [CPP] Grumbo'z Capture the Flag System
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:14 pm by Grumbo

» Black Wolfs Den
[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 pm by Grumbo

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Similar topics

[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs

Go down

[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs Empty [CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs

Post by Grumbo Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:11 pm

in this tutorial I will briefly explain how to turn this:

[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs 4Wol4Rs

into this:

[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs JduVMa4

On a lot of servers you will see custom ItemExtendedCosts for custom items.
    but many ppl don't want to download a patch when they are just scoping out a server.
    When they try to purchase a custom item it will return a single error of something they don't have and need . But it wont tell you how much of what you need. kind of a pain in the ,, `neck`. so then the player will farm for the honor points since that's all it tells them they need. then what now I need arena? ugh ok off I go to farm arena for a while . now i'm back and what-the... I need an item now!!! ugh you know if it just told me everything I needed in the first place I could just farm for everything first then return to the vendor for my purchase.

well I will show you how to make your server do this in under 5 minutes with some very simple edits. Very Happy

We are going to edit \src\server\game\Entities\Player\player.cpp

so go ahead and open your solution and open player.cpp.

Then find the function:
    Code:

bool Player::BuyItemFromVendorSlot(ObjectGuid vendorguid, uint32 vendorslot, uint32 item, uint8 count, uint8 bag, uint8 slot)

its roughly around line 21,292 about 3/4 of the way down the file.

We will be working inside this function.

Scroll down until you find this if block:
    Code:

if (crItem->ExtendedCost)

this is where it will check for the required extended costs:

first we are going to change how the returns are handled using a variable.
    So at the start of this if block, edit it so it looks like this:
    Code:

{
          bool return_type = true;

Then we will add a line to start off our list of required extended costs:
    Code:

{
     bool return_type = true;

ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("The `%s` requires:", pProto->Name1);

ItemExtendedCostEntry const* iece = sItemExtendedCostStore.LookupEntry(crItem->ExtendedCost);
     if (!iece)
     {

now we will add a detailed response for each Extended Cost requirement.

for Honor Points price we add a line:
    Code:

// honor points price
     if ((iece->reqhonorpoints * count) > 0){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u Honor Points.", (iece->reqhonorpoints * count)); };
     if (GetHonorPoints() < (iece->reqhonorpoints * count))
     {
    We will keep the responces outside the check so it will allways post what is required and how much even after you have collected enough.

next we will remark out the center-of-screen response and change the return for Honor Points price:
    Code:

// honor points price
     if ((iece->reqhonorpoints * count) > 0){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u Honor Points.", (iece->reqhonorpoints * count)); };
     {
          //SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_HONOR_POINTS, NULL, NULL);
          //return false;
          return_type = false;
     }

We will next edit Arena Points price the same way by adding the detailed response , remarking out the center-of-screen alert and changing the style of the return:
    Code:

// arena points price
     if ((iece->reqarenapoints * count) > 0){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u Arena Points.", (iece->reqarenapoints * count)); };
     if (GetArenaPoints() < (iece->reqarenapoints * count))
     {
     //SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_ARENA_POINTS, NULL, NULL);
     //return false;
     return_type = false;
     }
    [/COLOR]

Again we will do the same thing for Pesonal Arena rating:
    Code:

// check for personal arena rating requirement
     if ((iece->reqpersonalarenarating) > 0){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u Personal Arena Rating.", (iece->reqpersonalarenarating)); };
     if (GetMaxPersonalArenaRatingRequirement(iece->reqarenaslot) < iece->reqpersonalarenarating)
     {
     // probably not the proper equip err
     //SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_CANT_EQUIP_RANK, NULL, NULL);
     //return false;
     return_type = false;
     }

Now item will be handled a little bit differently. We will have to build the template of each item to be able to item->name1 call its name. So inside the loop but before the check we will add 2 lines and remark out the center-of-screen alert and change the type of return:
    Code:

// item base price
     for (uint8 i = 0; i < MAX_ITEM_EXTENDED_COST_REQUIREMENTS; ++i)
     {
     ItemTemplate const* iItem = sObjectMgr->GetItemTemplate(iece->reqitem[i]);
     if (iItem){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u %s`s.", (iece->reqitemcount[i] * count), iItem->Name1); };[/COLOR]

if (iece->reqitem[i] && !HasItemCount(iece->reqitem[i], (iece->reqitemcount[i] * count)))
     {
     //SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_VENDOR_MISSING_TURNINS, NULL, NULL);
     //return false;
     return_type = false;
     }
     }

now last but not least. We must return our return_type variable. this will tell tohe core can it continue yes/no true/false. so at the end of the if block and inside it add 1 line to return the variable:
    Code:

}
     return return_type;
     }

uint32 price = 0;

Now if you would rather it only list what is left to farm then you would add the detailed responces inside the failed check block so only failed to have enough-for-requirement show as we do here with Honor Points Price:
    Code:

// honor points price
     {
     //SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_HONOR_POINTS, NULL, NULL);
     //return false;
     return_type = false;
     }

For items you would place the 2 lines inside the failed check block like so:
    Code:

// item base price
     for (uint8 i = 0; i < MAX_ITEM_EXTENDED_COST_REQUIREMENTS; ++i)
     {
     if (iece->reqitem[i] && !HasItemCount(iece->reqitem[i], (iece->reqitemcount[i] * count)))
     {
     ItemTemplate const* iItem = sObjectMgr->GetItemTemplate(iece->reqitem[i]);
     if (iItem){ ChatHandler(GetSession()).PSendSysMessage("%u %s`s.", (iece->reqitemcount[i] * count), iItem->Name1); };[/COLOR]

//SendEquipError(EQUIP_ERR_VENDOR_MISSING_TURNINS, NULL, NULL);
     //return false;
     return_type = false;
     }
     }

Now all you need to do is compile your solution and startup your new updated worldserver.exe

and your players will start seeing:

[CPP] Patchless Item Extended Costs JduVMa4

Enjoy Very Happy

yeeaaaa my first tut \o/
    Grumbo , slp13at420 , cpp , TrinityCore , World of Warcraft , 335a , wotlk
    Grumbo
    Grumbo
    Admin
    Admin

http://blackwolfsden.dnsdynamic.net/

Back to top Go down